I constructed the button placket and the facing the same way as I did on the cape in the last post. Then I made the patch pockets and basted them in place. I also turned in the half inch seam allowance around the arm hole.
Patch pockets and basting.
|Here's the turned in edge around the arm hole.|
Then I top stitched around the arm hole and sewed on the pockets. I basted the two partial capes on to the back, then basted the foreparts to the cape and back at the shoulders and sides. I stitched all layers together. Next, I constructed the collar and attached it. Attaching the collar has been the trickiest part of making the Inverness so far.
All I need is buttons and button holes, then I'm done. Some time in the future I would like to add a lining and a binding around the edge.